Tuesday, August 5, 2008

blonde on blonde: a cookie even Bob Dylan could Love

Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chip Almond-Pecan Cookies


For years I have been on the quest for the perfect, yet classic chocolate chip cookie. Have I found it yet? I can't say for sure.

These little gems are the fraternal twin to a batch which is currently marinating in my refrigerator. Honestly, I had no intention to make these whatsoever. Three-quarters of the way through my chocolate chip recipe I discovered I only had about half as many chips as I needed. The solution was clear- half the dough and make another kind.

It starts with the basic Ghiradelli cookie batter which you can find here Ghiradelli
From there I added a touch of almond extract, white chocolate chips, and a handful of broken pecans. Then bake 10ish minutes at 375.

No comments: